Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
We are committed to meeting our customers’ expectations. Our terms and conditions help avoid misunderstandings by making expectations clear.
For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings.
- The company shall mean TNE Electrical
- The customer shall mean the person or organisation for whom the company agrees to carry out the work and or supply the materials.
By hiring TNE Electrical to help with your electrical work, you agree to the following:
- If requested, to pay a materials deposit prior to work beginning
- To pay the agreed estimated price
- To acknowledge that additional work you request beyond what was agreed in the estimate, will be charged at an additional rate
- Unless agreed in advance, full payment is due upon completion in cash or cheque and any amended charges are clearly notified and paid in full at this time
- Our preferred payment method is by Debit Card. There is no charge for debit cards, but we do charge a 2% surcharge for Credit Card payments. When the job is completed, our office can take your card payment over the phone. We will also accept cheques or cash if required.
- The customer accepts full responsibility for all parts/materials purchased by themselves. Should any parts be missing, defective or do not have sufficient fittings it is the responsability of the customer to take this up with the supplier direct.
- All parts/materials remain the property of TNE Electrical LTD until paid for in full.
- The customer accepts that the time estimated for the completion of work can be extended should additional work be identified.
- If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
Our promise to you
Excellent customer service is important to us at TNE Electrical. We promise to do the following:
- We will always do our best to keep appointments and arrive on time.
- If we are likely to be late or need to reschedule an appointment, we will contact you as soon as possible.
- We will do our best to estimate work accurately and will honour the estimates provided.
- The contractor will keep the customer fully informed of any additional unexpected work or cost required.
- We will cause minimum disruption to your home.
- We will leave your home tidy and clean.
- We will behave politely, professionally and be respectful of you and your home or place of work at all times.
- Work that requires certification will be provided upon payment being received in full.
- Invoices will be sent by e-mail or post to you within 7-10 days of the work being completed
Hourly Rate Work
- Hourly rate work is charged at a minimum charge of 1 hour. We then charge in 30 minute intervals.
- Collection of materials is charged at a fixed price of 30 minutes
* Although we endeavour to provide you with an engineer within 1 hour from initial phone call for emergencies this is not always possible.